It may be hard to remember that the basic theme here is Rebirth of Self-Love, as Haumea Initiated Sappho on 11/11. All of the flak and krap we’re Feeling is our Resistance to just that, Up in our face so we can, if we’re Willing and Able, Let It Go. Karma does not grasp us, we grasp it. We Unconsciously prefer the known Evil to the Unknown, even if the Unknown is full of Grace, simply because we’ve Learned that we can Trust our Resistance to preserve the status quo,
Well, the status quo is no fun, so Let Go, K? The Omens are good, just Heavy.
This week’s Adventures…
- Neptune Initiates South Node, which Cycle is about Surrender into Pain (as in Held Emotions) and the resulting Growth from Acceptance and Letting Go. At 10 Pisces, Flying Blind. In other words, as Michael Roads advises, It Is As It Is. As Astrobuss often advises, Confusion is Good.
19 November – Big Day…
- Orcus Initiates asteroid Karma, PST 4am, which Cycle is about the Opportunity to Let Go of ancient obsolete Pledges we made to support our Repressors rather than our True Self. Or Not. Your Choice. At 9 Virgo, which is about Creativity.
- North Node Initiates asteroid Karma, PST 7am, which Cycle is precisely about this – the Dance between our Mission and our Habituation. At 9 Virgo.
- Orcus Initiates North Node, PST 9am, which Cycle is about Repudiating obsolete Oaths we’ve made that once Protected us but now Limit us, and probably – though we’d be better off without them because they’ll turn into Limits in turn – making new Oaths. At 9 Virgo.
- OR10 Stationary Direct, PST 5pm, which is about Memories, quite possibly krappy old musty Memories, worming their way out of the Dungeons of the Underwhere. At 3 Pisces, Obsolescence.
- Neptune Stationary Direct, PST 8pm, which is about Material Confusion and Spiritual Clarity. The worst thing you can do today is try to squeeze anything into intellectual categories. Celebrate Not Having to Understand. Confusion is actually Fun, if you’re Safe – go out of your way to keep yourself Safe. 10 Pisces, Flying Blind. Confusion is Good.
- Asteroid Karma Opposes Neptune, PST 6pm. This is all one big complex, tightly intertwined event.
Remember that in very Important ways, these events represent a Climax, a Letting Go, so if we’re Willing to Brace ourself and as much as possible Surrender into what befalls us, we’re likely to Feel much Relief once were past the 20th. The more we can manage to Let Go Of this week, the greater will be our sense of Liberation next week.
We aren’t quite done, because Orcus is still Stationary, turning Retrograde on 7 December, so we’re still working over our ancient and contemporary Oaths, to Choose those which Serve us and Reject those which don’t. But without all of the this week’s high-pressure TraumaDrama, that should be quite a bit easier.
These are the True Nodes; we usually use the Mean Node instead. The True Node zigs and zags all over the place, while the Mean Node walks a straight (well, curved) Retrograde path. I’m told they have different interpretations, but I haven’t studied them, since in my Experience the influence of the Mean Node has always been evident. The difference is a matter of Timing, not substance.
The Karma-Orcus-Mean North Node events occurred 10 November at 9 Virgo, Creativity. The Neptune-Mean South Node event occurred 3 November at 10 Pisces.
You can interpret a North Node Initiation two ways – on the one hand our Mission and Desires will Drive the way Orcus and Karma operate over the next half-Cycle. On the other hand, the planets are now Descending, which is often seen as “negative” in the same way the Twelfth House or the Hanged Man are seen as negative. In the sense that we’re likely to encounter Hassles that need to be Let Go of, it’s a Bummer.
In the sense that we’re being given the Opportunity to Let Go and Move Beyond, it’s Liberating. If we Choose Liberation. The antidote to the “negative” elements of the Twelfth House (or for that matter Pisces) is Introversion and Meditation. Similarly, in a half-Cycle Descending to the South Node, Letting Go of Goals and Expectations for success in our External Circumstances, and instead PIAVAing Survival and External Abundance, would behoove. Substituting Goals and Expectations for success in our Internal Growth is likely to result in more satisfying outcomes.
In other words, we need to look at the Coin – Rudolph Steiner viewed Ascension and Descension as complementary and essentially equal parts of the interchange between Spirit and Matter. It’s easy to view Spirit Descending into Matter as preferable to Spirit Ascending out of Matter – especially if we Fear “Death.” The Coin is Movement, and since Energy without Movement is “just” Potential, we can see Movement itself as positive – as long as our Timing is right. As Castaneda and the Seventh Harmonic advise, Potential can be used very Powerfully.