Another regular reader writes…
“I’ve become aware through your posts about the 2020 conjunction. I did the chart for 12 January 2020 when Saturn and Pluto are conjunct at 22 Capricorn, conjunct my natal Moon by less than 1 degree of sensitivity. Should I be concerned?! That looks like a very potent … something.”
Well, if there’s any astroevent that folks almost universally report to be max nasty, it’s Pluto (in the Sky now/then) crossing your natal Moon. Ask Fernanda, who’s just been through it…
So you’ve got a little over three years to Learn to Be Totally Loving with All Possible Emotions – should be Easy, right? Your Pluto-Moon Can-Opener will be almost a month later, but your Saturn-Moon Can-Opener is only a couple of days after the Pluto-Saturn Initiation, so The Most Important Thing (Saturn) for you, for a while before Pluto actually does the deed, will be Learning to Be Totally Loving with All Possible Emotions. With care, you should be well prepared.
“Pluto-Moon Can-Opener” means the first time Pluto in the Sky then crosses their natal Moon; Can-Opener because the first astroevent in a series almost always Opens a Can of Worms that we’d been blissfully ignoring or Denying. No one experiences Pluto-Moon twice, so we have nil direct Experience with it in the Lifetime. If we’re old enough, though, we can look back to a Pluto-Moon Square to retrieve quality indirect Experience.
“Saturn-Moon Can-Opener” means the first time Saturn in the Sky then crosses their natal Moon. Saturn-Moon “Transits” (planets in the sky now/then crossing natal planets) occur every 7 years or so (counting Squares and Oppositions), so by reviewing all those prior time periods we can well prepare for a Saturn-Moon Transit.
The “Pluto-Saturn Initiation” refers to what will be going on in the Sky then.
The key to any Emotion is staying in the Present Moment. Emotions are Paper Tigers; they don’t actually bite, they just cast threatening Shadows. Under the Influence of any heavy Emotion, what’s going on in the Present Moment runs something like…
- (1) “I Am [name of Emotion]” when you’re Identifying with the Emotion – or worse yet, with any Negative Thoughts that accompany and reinforce the Emotion
- (2) “This Feeling Overwhelms me” when you’re beginning to break out of the Identification or Trance – and you’re still Conscious, ie, not Regressed to an age where you had little Skill with Emotion; hence the benefit of studying prior Experience
- (3) “What color is the wallpaper?” if you’re Regressed, because there’s a good chance it will be different than it was when you were that earlier age, giving you an Opportunity to return to the Present Moment
- (4) The next step is “I Feel [name of Emotion],” shifting from “I Am crap” to “I Feel crappy” as you Disidentify further
- (5) “You poor Sweetheart, you’re really Feeling krappy, aren’t you” as you Identify with Compassion instead of crap. If you’ve practiced this a thousand times, and you’re lucky, your Abandoned and possibly Abused Herstorical Child, from your earlier age, will then talk back to you, giving you the Opportunity to bring them and their Unique Skills into the Present Moment as an integral part of your Self
- (6) “Wow, that Emotion was Compelling” when you’ve stepped aside and let the bus run over someone else
If you’re working with it constructively. You can see why Pluto makes it so hard when you notice the key words…
- “Overwhelming” – the Ego is Overwhelmed whenever you misinterpret Labor Pains to be Death Throes – which is always an Opportunity to examine our Fear of Death. Never pass up an Opportunity to do that.
- “Trance” – Pluto is about Transformation, ie, ReFormation of the Unconscious Trance that has been driving your Consciousness as if it was a drone
- “Compelling” – Pluto is always Compulsive
Here’s a wonderfully precise description of the fundamental issue…