There are eight Natural or Wiccan Holydays – the Solstices and Equinoxes, and the Cross-Quarter Days that fall halfway between them. Lughnasadh – Celebration of Light – falls halfway between the June Solstice and the September Equinox. It’s pronounced as it looks, with emphasis on the “nas.”
The Leo New Moon (1:45pm 2 August), representing Illumination by rendering absent what is usually taken for granted, falls on Lughnasad.
The Eighth Harmonic is about Returning to Balance, by Illuminating Illusion, Delusion, and Deception. Specifically, what’s being Illuminated is a path toward the elimination of Discouragement, through Action to Defend our new-found Yintegrity, Masklessness, and Yindependence.
We remain in that Space of relative calm and effectiveness that we’ve been in for a week or so now. There’s a lot going on, but it’s mostly in Balance. The exceptions or “dangers” are…
- The unfamiliar territory of the Growth we’re encountering as we adapt to Unconscious Beliefs that have been Changed so much that in some cases we won’t recognize ourself.
- The Temptation to get Discouraged that we mentioned, which is open for Healing here.
- The Temptation to Fear that we’ll be left behind because we’re too “ordinary” – we can Feel the Planet Shifting, and we Expect that to Shift with it we need to be Exceptional, not Realizing that our personal Exceptionalism Feels Ordinary to us.
- Our Hesitation or Fear to accept that the time has come for us to Betray our Oath to Suppress our Unique Genius, and Open to our Unlimited Potential.
- The Temptation toward Inertia, toward not Choosing the open doorway to Rebirth because it’s not what we Expect it to be, or because it’s not on the itinerary Mom left for us.
There are several things for us to remember here…
- Fear plus Breathing Equals Excitement.
- Confusion is the first stage of Growth, as long as we don’t try to mentalize ourself into some Delusion, Illusion, or Deception in order to avoid the Sensation of Confusion. Confusion is an Emotion; don’t seek reasons for it! Instead, Feel it!
- Spirituality is Both/And; Mentality is Either/Or. “Political” is the adjectival form of Ego, or the Urge to Power. Either/Or is always Political. Notice that most non-mystical Religions are strongly Either/Or.
- If we were propagandized into seeing the Religious as Spiritual, we can fall prey to the Illusion that our Either/Or Oaths are somehow Spiritual, and that Betraying them is somehow Betraying Spirit. Nothing could be further from Truth. Obeying them is a Betrayal of Spirit.
- When Suffering arises and it reminds you of something you’ve Experienced in the Past, take that as evidence that it’s not Present-Moment, rather than taking it as evidence that it’s difficult to avoid. You avoid its recurrence simply by recognizing its recurrence as its departure – if you Let Go of it.
The Grand Cross in 22-25 Mutable persists – Chaos Opposite Ixion-Lachesis-Pholus Square to Jupiter Opposite Chiron. Uranus-Eris, Ixion-et al, and Venus form the persisting Grand Trine, while Chaos, Haumea, and asteroid Beatles complete the Grand Sextile, all within 22-25 Degrees of the Dynamic Signs. except that Venus has slipped forward to 27 Degrees.
The Opposition between Chaos and Ixion-Pholus-Lachesis is the locus of Power, as it’s the Angle shared by the Grand Cross and the Grand Sextile.
While we may be stretching it for Current Moment advice, it’s well within Sensitivity for any Projects we’re Initiating, and that’s exactly what we’re doing in the Present Moment, Initiating Actions to implement our new Self, whether we know that’s what we’re doing or not.
For extra credit, Haumea Opposite Uranus-Eris forms the base of a T-Square to asteroid Karma, and Venus Opposite Beatles forms the base of a T-Square focused on Sedna. Mars is the focus of a Quintile Yod from Vesta and Uranus-Eris.
In addition, to Celebrate the Eighth Harmonic, the New Moon in 11 Leo joins Lilith in 9 Scorpio in forming the base of a Mjolnir focused on Chiron. The Mjolnir or Thor’s Hammer represents the Illumination of Lightning, or Epiphany. Lughnasadh can also be interpreted as Lightning.
In yet another Celebration of the Eighth Harmonic, if we stretch Orb a bit, we can come up with an Eight-Pointed Star or Grand Octile. Starting with the Grand Cross, Lilith is on the Midpoint between Jupiter and Ixion et al, the New Moon is four Degrees from the Chaos-Jupiter Midpoint, Ceres is five Degrees from the Chiron-Chaos Midpoint, and the Pallas-Pluto Midpoint is on the Midpoint between Chiron and Ixion et al.
Asteroid Atropos, signifying Endings, is Conjunct Chaos, suggesting the End of Limitations on your Unique Genius. Asteroid Lachesis, which is Conjoining Ixion and Pholus, turns Retrograde on 8 August, meaning it’s Stationary now.
Sappho Conjoins the North Node on 4 August, and Varuna Initiates asteroid Karma on 12 August. Orcus Initiates Mercury on 5 August, Venus on 12 August, and asteroid Hopi on 27 August. Sedna turns Retrograde on 27 August, and Mnemosyne on 30 August.